So, I am pretty much done with my three year old today. EVERYTHING is so dramatic. If she is tired or hungry, watch out! It's not even the drama that is all that hard to deal with, its the loud crying in my ear, and it is inconsolable and did I mention LOUD.
Is it just the age, is it that she is a girl, am I not fulfilling her needs so she feels the need to cry a lot and SO LOUD? Urgh!! I am seriously scared to have another girl.
I would love your advice and comments!!
Disclaimer: I love Addison more than I can even explain. You moms know how it is. Parenting is not for sissy's. Addison can be so sweet! But, how can that sweetness go away so quickly at small moments during the day?
Oct 5, 2008
Three is HARD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Wow! This all sounds so familiar...and I have a son. And Congratulations on expecting a girl! How fun!
You know I have no advice to give...I'm gonna be calling you up for this same advice in a couple years. Good luck. It sounds REALLY hard. Good thing she's adorable, huh? :)
She has a lot of her mom in her. I think she just needs more Grandpa time.
Marshall is the same way...he has been testing my patience really bad the last few weeks. Timeouts are not even working like they used to. So it must be the age, not the gender. His newest thing is to tell Jake and I that he doesn't like us anymore, just go away and then cry so so loud. If you find something that works, I would love to hear!!
Wow I'm really looking forward to Kate when she's three.
This sounds identical to what I have been dealing with with Weston but his are just huge tantrums over little things like me saying no. What I have been doing is setting aside Weston time, especially for him, where I read him stories play with him, do anything that he wants for 1/2 hour and seriously it is working, he just wanted time with me:) Maybe that would work, but sometimes it is just a phase...good luck hun!
What Laura said is good. Special time with them works wonders. Also while talking with my sister-in-law that has 3 girls we talked about the fact that it helps to have kids talk about what they are feeling. Express not suppress. Be understanding but then make sure to stress that now they have a choice in what they do with that emotion. We always have a choice.
Hey! I seriously remember this stage, but it honestly did NOT last that long! I remember this is when I started serious timeouts, and a little tough love with Saylor...but, some of the dramatic tactics she still uses to this day, not to mention, she can slam doors and s
tell me she hates me now ;-) I have no advice really...because I am still going through it all, besides the screaming part. What would happen if you giggled as she screamed at you? I know that drives Saylor nuts!!
Ok, so, I am in the works with the Cruella Deville costume, and Josh and I are going to be the robbers that steal the puppies...I am so excited, I am going to Vegas this weekend, and I found a pattern that my mom is gonna try helping me with! We get Erik for Halloween too, but his mom already got him a skeleton costume... We will for sure get pictures, you better send me a picture of you and Jon as potato heads! So stinking cute! Alright, well, thought I would stop by...now that we have the computer, I need to update MY blog now! ugh
Post a Comment